Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
Our school values each individual equally regardless of their Special Educational Need. We pride ourselves on inclusion for all children, wherever possible, and are proud of the way our children accept others for what they are and help with their support.
Teaching children with SEND can involve a number of the following:
- careful planning and preparation by the classteacher
- 1 to 1 support with an adult in or out of the classroom
- small group support with an adult in or out of the classroom
- involvement of outside agencies for expert advice-assessment and in school support
- adapting and using areas in school for specific support
Great care is taken to make sure that children with SEND are not singled out and have full access to the curriculum. We have access to a wide range of specialist skills and highly trained staff in school as well as partnerships with a range of outside agencies who will help and support.
If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact our Inclusion Manager (SENCO), Miss S Tolley.
What is the Local Offer?
The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It will also be an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area.
If you would like some targeted support and help then Warwickshire SENDIAS run by the charity KIDs can offer tailored support and help including
- Information regarding the local offer, local policy and SEN/disability law from independently trained staff;
- Advice for parents/carers, children and young people on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation;
- Personalisation of personal budgets;
- Information on the county council's processes for resolving disagreements, its complaints procedures and means of redress;
- Signposting children, young people and parents to alternative and additional sources of local and national information, advice and support;