Go on some trips, from the safety of your own home!
All around the world there are cameras to let you see wildlife. Here are some to enjoy with your children.
- Aquarium of the pacific. Some great cameras to look at sharks, penguins and others.
- Africam. I have spent a long time watching the elephants so far! Leopards, lions etc. You can go to the LIVE wildlife channels and see lots of animals in the wild.
- Edinburgh zoo. I chose the Koala’s to watch on this site! However, select something different to watch if you choose.
- Explore. I watched the honey bees here. It was so interesting to see them busy at work. Lots to choose from on here. https://explore.org/livecams
What to do with the videos. Don’t just watch and enjoy them like me! You could;
- Create a poster about the animals
- Research the animals to find out some interesting facts
- Create a fact file about what you know. What do they look like? Where do they live? What do they eat? Interesting facts?
- Draw and label them. Fur, stripes, leg, nose, mouth, teeth, flippers, wings etc
- Create a leaflet for the zoo. What could you see? How much would it cost to go?
- Create a map for the zoo to show where all the animals might be.
- Get a map online and add the information next to the animals.
- Write some simple sentences about the things you have seen e.g. sharks can swim
- Learn about what all these words mean: Nocturnal, camouflage, hibernate.
- Sort different animals into different categories e.g. horns/no horns, live in the sea/live on land, can swim/can’t swim. Make up your own categories.