Term Times and Holidays
The school term dates are published at least a year in advance and therefore parents should have no need to take their child out of school during term time. The term calendar can be found at www.warwickshire.gov.uk.
Additional Training Days for 2020-2021 (school closed for pupils)
Wednesday 2nd September 2020
(2 more days to be confirmed)
Taking holiday from school during term time
It is important to talk to the Head teacher before a decision to take leave is made and complete and submit an application form at least 6 weeks beforehand.
- The Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 as amended by Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2013 no longer permit Head Teachers to authorise leave for holidays;
- Head Teachers may grant leave of absence in very exceptional circumstances only;
- If the exceptional circumstances are agreed, the Head Teacher will determine the length of the absence authorised;
- Parents may be breaking the law if their children take leave without permission;
- In some cases schools may take children who are absent without permission off roll.
If parents feel that leave in term time is unavoidable, a “Grant for Leave of Absence in Very Exceptional Circumstances” form must be completed. This can be obtained from the school office.
The Head teacher will then decide whether to Grant a Leave of Absence. No parent can demand leave of absence for their child as a right, and every effort should be made so that children's education is not disrupted. The Head teacher will decide whether or not to authorise the absence having considered:-
Your child’s record of attendance
The very exceptional circumstances given as a reason
The time of the leave, ensuring it would not prevent the child from missing any important assessments/school events